Catholic Health Foundation
As a reminder, applications for the 2023 Catholic Health Foundation of Greater Boston, Inc. will open on February 15, 2023 will be accepted until April 28, 2023. If you have any health-related initiatives in your parish or school, social service agency, or other nonprofit entity you may be involved in, we invite you to apply. Please find more information on eligibility and guidelines below:
Grants from the CHF are only considered for nonprofit organizations:
- providing health care and/or health care services that are consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, and
- are located within the Archdiocese of Boston and/or are providing services within the 144 cities and towns that comprise the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston.
- No grants will be made to individuals or to government agencies
- No grants will be made for endowments or operating deficits
- No grants will be made to cover general operating expenses of the Archdiocese of Boston or any of its constituent churches or parishes
- Applications will only be considered if a previously funded organization has submitted a final report on grants received from CHF
- The CHF will consider multi-year requests; however, most grants will be made for one year.
- Unless donor-directed otherwise, most CHF grants are small in size (under $25,000)
- Organizations that have received three or more years of consecutive grant support will be ineligible to reapply for funding in the next annual funding cycle. Exceptions will include funds that are donor-directed, and may include situations where there are emergency needs, or where longer-term programs are critical to advancing high priorities.
Please note that if your organization received funding from Catholic Health Foundation last year, then you will not be eligible for funding this year until your Final Grant Report for last year is submitted. Final Grant Reports are due on February 24, 2023.
You can access the online application by clicking here on Wednesday, February 15, 2023. Once you have log in, please click on the "Apply" menu at the top of the page to start a 2023 application.
As we look to update our records, we could use your help! Please provide us with your most up-to-date contacts and any employees listed on Foundant that are no longer with your organization. Direct this information to Jason Karangekis at [email protected] or 617-779-3716.
If you have any other questions on the grant process, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 617-779-3747.